Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I’m interested in joining the academy, what qualification I needed to join?
You should be passionate about cricket and your age should be between 5-25 years old. If you are older than that please visit our office or call us.
- Do you have hostel facility?
Yes, we do have hostel facility. You can choose dormitory, shared rooms or flat [TV facility included].
- How far is hostel from KIOC?
Only 5 minutes walking distance.
- Is there any playing opportunity at state/national level?
We do promote talented cricketers. Your selection will be performance-based in Karnataka State Cricket Association division league and later you might get chance in state Ranji team.
- Do you have your own school?
No, We don’t have our own school but we can suggest some good schools nearby.
- What is the minimum age to avail hostel facility?
14 Years. Below 14 years age, parents should accompany the kid.
- I’m 23, passionate about cricket, but never went for any practices? Do you think 23 is too late to pursue a cricketing career? Is there any age limit to join the academy?
There is age limit (5-25) to join the academy. But you can contact us if you are older than 25.
- I’m not from India, can I join? Are there any changes in fees or any other facilities provided for foreign trainees?
The admission is open to everyone. There will not be any change in fees structure.
- Is there any particular time to take admission in a year or can I join anytime?
You can join anytime, you will get 1 year training from the date you joined.
- Is there any other campus for KIOC, apart from Bangalore? What is the fees structure on each campus?
KIOC has three campuses, 2 campuses in Bangalore( Shivaji Nagar, Electronic City) and 1 in Mysore. You can visit our office for further info.
- Is there any limit on how many trainees can join in a season? What is the selection process?
There’s no limit on trainees intake, we have more than 75 coaches at our academy.
- Is there any monthly package to join apart from the yearly plan?
You can visit our office to discuss about the customized plan based on your requirement.
- What is the procedure for joining?
Visit our academy, fill the form, affix photo, submit address proof, pay fees and join.
- What are the fees for joining? and what are other expenses?
Please visit our website to know the timing and fees structure
- Do I need to pay the entire fees in advance? Can I pay the fees in installments?
The full fees must be paid in advance during the admission.
- Can I come from home every day to the academy or staying in the hostel is compulsory?
You can choose whatever is convenient for you. Accommodation is for the outstation trainees and it’s not mandatory.
- How is the hostel facilities?
Separate hostel facility is available for boys and girls.
- How many sessions per day available?
There are 4 sessions everyday. 6.30am to 8.30 am, 10am to 12pm, 1pm to 3 pm and 4pm to 6 pm. Night session from 6:30 pm to 9 pm.
- What are things included in a session?
The sessions include all aspects of the game – fielding, fitness, bowling, Batting & match practice.
- Are the students required to carry their own kit & other gear?
Students need to carry their on bat and other gear. You can also purchase them at the academy.
- What is the dress code during practice?
You have to wear KIOC Uniform during practice. You can buy our uniform at our store “Cricket Den” nearby.
- Are mobile & laptop allowed within the campus?
You can carry mobile & laptop but we are not responsible for your belongings.
- WHY KIOC?
KIOC has more than 22 years of experience in cricket coaching and has a large number of dedicated cricket coaches on board. We have produced talents like Manish Pandey, Robin Uthappa, Vanitha VR, Karuna Jain, Veda Krishnamurthy who represented India in Men’s and Women’s Cricket. Our Head Coach Mr. Irfan Sait is only qualified full-time coach in India who has the unique distinction of completing the Level I, II and III coaching courses each from KSCA, Australia [CA], England [ECB].We have coached players from England, Scotland, U S A, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and the Middle East at our academy. KIOC is one of the very few cricket coaching academies that operates throughout the year. For the benefit of trainees, KIOC operates five sessions a day. In reality, there is activity all through the day as many senior state cricketers utilize the facility for specific training. One-to-One coaching is conducted during the period between the morning and evening sessions & again after the evening session under floodlights.